In this workshop you will learn:
- How to properly hold and handle a Chinese staff.
- Tai Chi Staff Techniques
- Tai Chi Staff Breathing and Breath Coordination (Qigong exercises)
- Tai Chi Staff solo drills
- Tai Chi 2 person drills and applications
- The Tai Chi Staff warmup and joint opening exercises (kaimengong).
- How to use the staff to generate Internal Power (Jin)
- How to us the staff to help release the energy (Qi) and Mind/Intent (Yi) to outside of the body.
All the material taught in this workshop is to lay the foundation for learning the Tai Chi Staff form.
Instructor: Master Michael Paler
Originally from New York, Michael has traveled extensively throughout Tai Chi Communities around the country. For over 20 years, he has taught classes in numerous Tai Chi, Qigong, and other related disciplines to people from ages 5 to 93, in both class and personal settings. Since 1999, Michael has been teaching this beautiful art he has dedicated his life to, to benefit others in the Colorado Springs community.
Tai Chi Staff Level 1 Workshop (space is limited to 12) Staff Reqiuired
Cost Workshop: $60.00 per person – pre-registration ($75.00 at the door) includes staff.Price includes a 6 ft. Tai Chi waxwood or rattan staff (Required) which is included in the workshop. Regular Price $ 35.00 each, Now $20.00 if purchased with workshop.
Or if you already have a Tai Chi Staff, choose the option belowCost for Workshop Alone: (Staff NOT included) $40.00Date: Saturday, May 31st, 2014Time: 4:00 – 6:00pmLocation: Tai Chi Association: 219 W. Colorado Ave. Suite 310, Colorado Springs, CO. UpstairsBring a note book to class, wear loose comfortable clothing. Healthy Snacks included
I have been taking Tai Chi & Healing Medical Qigong for over eight years. I learned more in the last month and a half than in all that time in regards to Chi, Qigong and Tai Chi. I find Master Michael Paler to be the best teacher I have ever had and the most definitive in his methods of teaching. I intend to learn all he can possibly teach me about Tai Chi and Qigong.Respectfully, – Jim Spratt
Why You’ll Love This Workshop:
- It’s fun.
- You’ll feel better!
- Improves balance and posture.
- The workout is gentle but internal, energizes and refreshes.
- It’s a new beginning toward a finer quality of life — spirit, mind, and body.