Learn Authentic Tai Chi and Martial Arts – Our classes include simple, low impact movements that increase flexibility, balance, range of motion, vitality, relaxation, mental focus and strength.
- If you are new to Tai Chi we highly recommend starting with our Tai Chi 108 Form – (Beginner Class) . This class begins with opening (releasing) and strengthening the joints, fluids and tissues while working on spinal alignments in movement for maximum relaxation and rehabilitation potential. This Tai Chi class is most recommended by physicians.
- Our Tai Chi 108 Form – (Beginner Class) is taught on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday Mornings at 9:45 to 10:45 a.m., and also on Thursday and Friday Evenings 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. if you are new to Tai Chi or haven’t taken Tai Chi with us before, we recommend starting with this class.
- There are two ways to Get Started: 1. You can start taking classes any time, with no appointment necessary. -and / or- 2. You can start with our Tai Chi Beginner Workshop. This workshop is not required to join a Beginner Tai Chi class.
- Here is our Class Schedule for your convenience.
- Your first day at the Tai Chi Association of Colorado Springs is FREE! (visit Shop – Classes for pricing)
- We offer Special Rates for seniors 65+, college students, military, law enforcement & firefighters.
- Students ages 13 and up are welcome in any of our classes.
- Ask about our Private Lessons and Instructor Certification Program.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 719-375-8339
The Tai Chi Association was voted in The Colorado Springs Independent #1 GOLD WINNER’S in 2012, 2013, 2014 and now 2015 in the category of Martial Arts, and The Gazettes Best of Colorado Springs winner in the category of Martial Arts in 2016 Our teacher, Sifu Michael Paler, 7th Generation (Lineage Disciple of Wei Xilan Imperial Yang Family Tai Chi) has over 32 years experience in Chinese Martial Arts with a focus on Tai Chi and various Qigongs.
“New Student” Get Started Packages Available!
Highly Recommended for New Students and Beginners!
Yang Style Tai Chi 108 Form – Instructional Video – Price $50.00 (choose between our Video download or Zip Drive option).
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS!
- Learn Tai Chi Step-by-Step with Sifu Michael Paler, 7th Generation Lineage holder of Imperial Yang Family Tai Chi.
- Front and rear view demonstrations with 3 Sections of personal Instruction & Follow Along.
- These easy-to-follow lessons highlight each Tai Chi posture and detail the entire form from beginning to end.
- Video Length: 1:49 – This video is excellent for beginner to advanced students of Tai Chi at any age.
Yang Tai Chi is the single most popular style in the world, practiced daily by millions of people. Tai Chi is a form of “moving meditation” practiced with slow, relaxed, and flowing movements. The art is ideal for those seeking gentle rehabilitative exercises for reducing stress, and/or to study “inner power” or your “true nature” through calmness. It is a low impact exercise that emphasizes balance, grace, and fluidity of motion. Harvard Medical studies have shown that Tai Chi is very beneficial for the health of the heart, bones, muscles, nerves and arteries, immune system, and the mind.
Tai chi might well be called “medication in motion.” There is growing evidence that this mind-body practice …has value in treating or preventing many health problems.— Harvard Medical School’s Harvard Health Publication, May, 2009
The Tai Chi Association of Colorado Springs also offers a variety of ongoing Workshops and an annual Tai Chi Mountain Retreat, as well as a Teacher Training and Instructor Certification Program.
Tai Chi is the Martial Art of Consciousness. © all rights reserved