Learn Authentic Tai Chi and Martial Arts – Tai Chi is relaxed conscious movement that increase flexibility, balance, range of motion, vitality, relaxation, mental focus and strength.
How do I Get-Started?
- If you are new to Tai Chi we highly recommend starting with our Tai Chi 108 Form – (Beginner Class) . This class begins with opening (releasing) and strengthening the joints, fluids and tissues while working on spinal alignments in movement for maximum relaxation and rehabilitation potential. Read more about our Intelligent and Targeted Stretching here.
- Our Tai Chi 108 Form – (Beginner Class) is taught on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday Mornings at 9:45 to 10:45 a.m., and also on Thursday and Friday Evenings 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- There are two ways to Get Started: 1. You can start taking classes any time, with no appointment necessary. -and / or- 2. You can start with our Tai Chi Beginner Workshop. This workshop is not required to join a Beginner Tai Chi class.
Class Schedule, Prices & Discounts
- Here is our Class Schedule for your convenience.
- New Students can choose between three “Get Started Class Packages”
- Your first day at the Tai Chi Association of Colorado Springs is FREE! (value $45.00)
- We offer Special Rates for seniors 65+, college students, military, law enforcement & firefighters. (visit: Shop – Classes for prices)
Are you Interested In Private Lessons or our Instructor Certification Program?
- For more information use this easy link: Private Lessons and Instructor Certification Program.
- Students ages 13 and up are welcome in any of our classes.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 719-375-8339
Highly Recommended for New Students and Beginners!
Yang Style Tai Chi 108 Form – Instructional Video – Price $50.00 (choose between DVDS, Video download or Zip Drive option). DVDS are sold in-store only!
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS!
- Learn Tai Chi Step-by-Step with Sifu Michael Paler, 7th Generation Lineage holder of Imperial Yang Family Tai Chi.
- Front and rear view demonstrations with 3 Sections of personal Instruction & Follow Along.
- These easy-to-follow lessons highlight each Tai Chi posture and detail the entire form from beginning to end.
- Video Length: 1:49 – This video is excellent for beginner to advanced students of Tai Chi at any age.
Yang Tai Chi is the single most popular style in the world, practiced daily by millions of people. Tai Chi is a form of “moving meditation” practiced with slow, relaxed, and flowing movements. The art is ideal for those seeking gentle rehabilitative exercises for reducing stress, and/or to study “inner power” or your “true nature” through calmness. It is a low impact exercise that emphasizes balance, grace, and fluidity of motion. Harvard Medical studies have shown that Tai Chi is very beneficial for the health of the heart, bones, muscles, nerves and arteries, immune system, and the mind.
Tai chi might well be called “medication in motion.” There is growing evidence that this mind-body practice …has value in treating or preventing many health problems.— Harvard Medical School’s Harvard Health Publication, May, 2009
The Tai Chi Association was voted in The Colorado Springs Independent #1 GOLD WINNER’S in 2012, 2013, 2014 and now 2015 in the category of Martial Arts, and The Gazettes Best of Colorado Springs winner in the category of Martial Arts in 2016 Our teacher, Sifu Michael Paler, 7th Generation (Lineage Disciple of Wei Xilan Imperial Yang Family Tai Chi) has over 32 years experience in Chinese Martial Arts with a focus on Tai Chi and various Qigongs.
Tai Chi is the Martial Art of Consciousness. © all rights reserved